Custom Search

Sunday, August 21, 2005

I am the Vine; You are the Tomato?



As we drove to church this morning, I took an opportunity to explain how important Jesus is to us. My three and a half year old son asked if God takes care of us. I replied yes, that he loves us and will never leave us.

He then went into detail asking how much God loves us. "Daddy," he asked. "Does God take care of our eyeballs, our arms, our heads and our eyeballs?" (can you tell that he is fixated?)

"Yes, son, he does,"I replied.

I then explained that Jesus says that he is the vine and we are the branches.

My son reminded me that..."No, daddy, God is the Cucumber and we are the tomatoes."

Has anyone else been there?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's Casey! THAT IS THAT SO CUTE! He is adorable! I dont know how to give you my sight?? It's a xanga and my name is x_caseyW_x ... if that helps at all! When i find out how to do it I will send it to you! Well have agood week!

Anonymous said...

I think your 3 year old grasps what most adults have forgotten - that God is everywhere (as cucumber vines embrace everything in the garden) and we as tomatoes should bloom and produce where we are planted. And really, aren't tomatoes kinda like "the light in the world"?