Custom Search

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Price of Oil


$3 gas looms
August 12, 2005
Oil vey!

The average retail price of regular unleaded gas in the city rocketed to a record $2.619 a gallon yesterday - with some stations edging toward an incredible $3 a gallon - as oil prices soared to an all-time high of $66 a barrel.


My mode of transportation thrives on this news. The old truck seems to enjoy drinking the new expensive fuel. It appreciates the higher costs and consumes it at a higher rate. Does it think that since it costs more, it must be better? I know people like this. You know, the ones who choose to pay full price instead of shopping for bargains.
What's happened to my truck? Maybe it's not my truck at all. Perhaps the real culprit is my wallet and not my pickup's new taste for expensive fuel. It seems to grasp the cash a little tighter forcing me to pump only half as much as normal. I tend to leave the pumps at half tank thinking in vain that the prices will have to go down. Yeah, this really works...I end up back at the pump a few days later only to pay much more.

No comments: